Were you aware that pregnancy can have several effects on your oral health? It’s true because pregnancy alters many things in your body including your oral health. Furthermore, individuals may find themselves neglecting their hygiene while they are pregnant. If you do find yourself pregnant, it is important to also visit your dentist, so the appropriate care and treatments can be given. For more information about your oral health when you are pregnant, see below:
– It is important that while you’re pregnant, you continue to practice effective oral health care treatments such as brushing and flossing daily. If you fail to keep your mouth clean, you could be at an increased risk for several oral health ailments.
– Poor oral hygiene during a pregnancy is associated with many other oral health risks, including gestational diabetes, premature delivery and preeclampsia.
– If you know that you’re pregnant, it is important to let your dentist know so you can get the appropriate care and exams.
– If you are pregnant, you could be at an increased risk for oral health ailments such as periodontal disease, also known as gum disease.
– As with all other aspects of your physical health, it is important to maintain a healthy diet while you are pregnant. Furthermore, you may need to avoid sugars while pregnant and even after delivering your baby. If you are taking any prenatal vitamins or medications, you will need to let your dentist know.
If you are pregnant and require aid with your oral health care, Dr. Amirhassan and our team at our office in Santa Rosa, California can assist you. Preferred Dental wants your oral health to remain strong, so call us at 707-544-8338 to book an appointment.
Thank you for studying our website. Contact email@example.com If you need a custom website design.