It’s that time of year again. The trees are magically changing colors and pumpkins are filling the fields. Candy has begun to appear in vast volumes across our nation at our children’s fingertips, which is why it is vital to remember to keep your family’s oral health in tip-top shape. That is why here at Preferred Dental in Santa Rosa, California, we are offering holiday tips-and-tricks this season to help you and your family avoid scary oral disasters this holiday season.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
If you would like more information on how to help keep your oral health in excellent shape, please call us today at 707-544-8338 and talk with a member of our friendly staff. We are always here to help keep your smile in positive oral health. We wish you and your family a happy Halloween season.