If you are looking to brighten your smile and improve your oral health, your everyday habits can be tweaked and modified for additional support. When flossing, the type of floss you use, the angle at which you use it, and the time length for which you use it, can all change the ability for dental floss to benefit you. Dental floss enhancements can improve your oral hygiene. Here are some basic tips to improve your flossing habits:
- Never use random materials for dental floss. Only use floss or interdental cleaners recommended by your dentist.
- Choose dental floss that has the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Prevent damage to your teeth and gums by flossing softly and safely.
- When flossing, use a piece between 16-20 inches in length. Move to a different section of thread for each tooth. Use a gentle motion to move to or from each tooth.
- Don’t forget to floss between every single tooth and behind your back teeth.
- Always floss at least once per day.
- Avoid using floss that can easily tear or fray.
- Be sure to visit your dentist at Preferred Dental for your professional cleanings as scheduled.
To book an oral exam with Dr. Amirhassan , you can schedule your visit by calling us at 707-544-8338 to speak to a member of our team. Our office is located in Santa Rosa, California. We look forward to crafting the smile of your dreams!