Don’t let dental abrasion ruin your smile this Halloween. Although it is extremely important to always keep your mouth clean, some cleaning products maybe a little bit too rough on your teeth and cause extra wear. Here are some tips to remember when it comes to dental abrasion:
– Avoid foods and drinks that tend to have an excessive amount of harmful acids present. This includes products that have a low pH level.
– Focus on oral health care cleaning tools that can effectively do their jobs to keep your smile safe.
– Stick to low abrasive toothpaste and toothbrushes with soft bristles for your oral health care cleaning needs.
– Consider the use of mouthwash or sugarless chewing gum to help stimulate saliva flow in your mouth. Saliva can often help fight any diseases or hazards that may arise.
– Avoid snacking between meals, especially with acidic products. Instead, any products that can potentially be abrasive to your teeth should be added to a larger meal.
Be sure to exercise caution this Halloween when it comes to your eating habits. If you would like to know more, we welcome you to consult our ‘fangtastic’ dental practitioners at Preferred Dental. If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Amirhassan , please call us at 707-544-8338, or stop by our office in Santa Rosa, California. Have a safe and happy Halloween!